Here’s a piece intended as fun with a little bit of serious underneath. What other reasons can you think of to ‘not manage your website’?
- You don’t want to find out it’s underachieving
- You have better things to do with your time than formulate clearly defined goals
- You’d prefer not to spend time understanding your customers/users
- The organisational silos are working quite well, thank you
- You’re pretty happy to deal reactively when someone complains about your inaccessible website
- We have people for that, don’t we?
- You’re comfortable with the anecdotal data about the website provided by your Board
- You don’t have time to map the business and web touch points which could lead to more conversions/donations
- The internet will never catch on
- By the time we do a ‘redesign’, you’ll be long gone
How can you manage your website so that it isn’t a victim of any of the above?